January 11-15, 2012 marked the Miami Design Preservation League’s 35th Annual Art Deco Weekend. After a three-year hiatus, live music returned to Miami Beach’s largest festival, along ten blocks of the world’s largest concentration of Art Deco architecture, with the introduction of the WimBash Music Series to the event.
The always energetic OCEAN DRIVE, made famous since the 1930s in movies, television, and fashion photography, grew more intense as The Clevelander, and The Betsy hotels presented a collection of the world’s finest musicians. Hosted by Living Colour bassist Doug Wimbish, WimBash>>Miami Beach also featured Miami’s own Suénalo, Big Sam Williams, Adam Falcon, Ladell McLin, DJ Rampage, Kate Davis, Big Brooklyn Red, Big Poppa E, Swiss Chris, Keith LeBlanc, and Jungle Funk w/ singer/ songwriter Vinx.
Presented by the Miami Design Preservation League’s and Art Deco Weekend. Sponsored by Trace Elliot, Rotosound, Peavey, Spector, Eventide, Pigtronix, Natal, Samson Zoom, Budda, Fender, Dunlop, Miami Dade County, Composite Acoustics, Original Noise, NS Designs, Miami Beach Barbara Baer Capitman Legacy Sponsor
- Doug Wimbish
- Keith LeBlanc (Sugarhill Rhythm Section / Nine Inch Nails / Sinead O’Connor)
- Suénalo (Afro-Cuban Horns/Jazz/Funk/Hip-Hop/Rock)
- Big Sam (Big Sam’s Funky Nation / Dirty Dozen Brass Band)
- DJ Rampage Global (Ms. Lauryn Hill)
- Adam Falcon w/ Carl Carter, Gerald Glanville
- Ladell McLin w/ Swiss Chris, Jeremiah Hosea, Greg “Organ Monk” Lewis
- Kate Davis (2009 Presidential Honoree)
- Big Brooklyn Red (Soul/House/Freestyle/Vocals)
- Big Poppa E (Old School/Traditional/Delta/Chicago Blues)
- Ken Burkhart
- Alex Baugh & The Crazy Carls